Thursday, November 17, 2016

Much

I've been gone for a long time. I think of this every single day, but I've been overwhelmed with so much.
  1. I have a relative who had a stroke and unfortunately, she is a hoarder. Turns out that my wife and I and our kids were the last family members to be in her house. Twenty years ago the house was crammed full and hard to navigate. She is recoving from the stroke well, but through some recent events it has become necessary that that his must be addressed. We've been working with her and family to help. Life is so hard sometimes and it is hard to know what to do. Hard to solve. Working it.
  2. I resigned from work. That is it. Done. Last day is 1/3/17.  Many friends there that I'm leaving behind. But I need to do this for myself. Time for change. Time for a new adventure. Future uncertain.
  3. Working with multiple non-profits. Maybe that is what I'm going to do going forward. Friends and new friends doing important thanks. Asked today to join a new board that a friend is championing. Glad to help and join.
  4. Read this hard article that SL sent me about millennials. Hard to know how to solve or help. The world is changing.
  5. Ran 18 miles last week in preparation for a marathon in January. That is hard.
  6. The election results and the resulting response from so many is so hard. We are so broken. The christian message about a broken world seems so true. We are broken and there is such despair and hopelessness. 
So many things going on. Hope you are doing ok. I'm going to write a LOT more starting in December.

Blessings to you and yours.

Mark

8 comments:

  1. Mark,

    Best of luck on your future adventures. U!Shine looks interesting and much needed concept on college campuses.

    We will follow you through your new exciting endeavours! :)

    Saqib

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saqib. Have always appreciated your comments over the years and look forward to staying connected going forward. Best to you.

      Delete
  2. You are a man of many gifts, and I pray that God will show you clearly what is next. Many possibilities lie ahead for you, and you have the potential to help many. Take care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. Clarity would be good. Hope you are well. See you soon.

      Delete
  3. That is a lot of work and things to deal with! I would encourage you with the scripture, "Do not grow weary of doing good..." in Galatians. You will make a difference wherever you work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. Sorry for the long delay in responding. Hope you all are doing well.

      Delete
  4. Mark. I just heard you were moving on to new adventures. Good for you. Your leadership and inspiration will leave a huge void at your former employer. As someone that grew up in the industry with you as my captain, I just want to say thank you for the positive impact(s) you've had on my career and professional growth. Best wishes and good luck Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this note, but I don't know who posted it!

      Delete