Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Prayer for Owen Meany

This is one of the best stories I've enjoyed in years. And in this case, I listened to it on Audible and I can't recommend it enough. The story is most interesting and entertaining and in the case of the Audible book, the narrator did a wonderful job, especially with Owen's voice.

My wife has recommended that I read this book for years. She read it years ago and it pre-dates her reading blog so it is not listed there. At one point in the story during one of Owen's escapades, I had to pull over and send her a message and tell her she needs to listen to the Audible version.

There are very few stories that have captured my interest and imagination like this one. There are very few writers who can do that for me. Stephen King, Stieg Larsson and now John Irving with this one.

I will listen to this again. If you've not tried Audible books, try this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment