Sunday, September 21, 2014

MIA

Been MIA lately. Haven't posted as much. Seems like my days and evenings are so full that there is not time to even stop and think. I really like writing here and I wish I did more and did it better, but these are full days.

Many around are hurting deep hurts or losses and that weighs on me. When I look at Facebook any given day there are exciting developments, funny happenings, tragic situations and losses. Facebook posts alternate from joy, to funny, to sad as you scroll through the posts.

Life is full of joy and hurt all at the same time and then we pack on top of that busyness. 

Pinging someone with a text message or an email, is not the same as inviting them into your house for a meal or meeting somewhere for coffee. We all need to do more of the later, and especially invite friends into our homes.

A friend recommended the book, "Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other" which sounds right up my ally. Might have to read it soon.

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing I hope you are well and surrounded by love.

4 comments:

  1. You are so right. While e-mail and texting is good, there's nothing like catching up (or getting to know each other better) in person. It's been awhile since I've had someone into my home, but lately I've been catching up with people over lunch a lot and it's been great. It feeds the soul...yours and theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have felt like being MIA lately. It's hard to get back into the real world after a family tragedy. Like you, I have noticed my lack of real conversation because of being dependent on social media. It takes effort on my part and also prayer because I find myself a little frustrated with those who are not on social media (some by choice and and some because of their age).

    ReplyDelete