Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Busy days: a commencement, a marathon and a trip to NYC

OK, been busy for a few days.

First, I had the opportunity to do the commencement address at Oklahoma Christian University here in Oklahoma City. When the President asked me to do this 9 months ago, I told him that surely he wanted an astronaut or a duck guy or a cowboy to do it instead, but he insisted. I said ok. It was a great experience. There is a video of it online but I refuse to link to it and I can't go watch it myself. I have to say I got lots of good comments about it afterward which has been interesting to me. I'm going to talk to a couple of friends about why it resonated. It was a great learning adventure for me.



And, I ran in a half marathon two days later in the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. I've never, ever done anything like this before and I have to say I had a great experience and the whole training through race was a blast. Thanks to Summer Lashley for challenging me to do this. And will I do something like this again?



And this past week Beth and I went to NYC where I got to participate in the 99u conference which I've wanted to attend for years. We had some great food and did some interesting and fun shopping too. And Beth went on a 'selfie' tour of NYC where she took pictures of herself everywhere so you might ask her about them and take a look if interested. Hysterical. And we had a great time. NYC is such a vibrant place.

Back to reality now. Cleaning the garage and the pool today with more to do in the coming days.

And the adventure continues.

Blessings to you and thanks for stopping by...

Mark

1 comment:

  1. I love how you act like there is even a slight possibility that you might not run another big race. You're so funny.

    ReplyDelete