Friday, October 25, 2013

Interesting Books that are Passing By

OK, here are a few reading ideas and I'll be updating Goodreads with some of these shortly.

I found this list on Mashable that lists 9 Books Scarier Than Any Movie and I couldn't resist. I bought two of the books on Kindle and have started reading one of them. I'm reading Horns now. I told my wife about this list and she said no, but when I sent it to her she started telling me the ones she had read or had in the queue. Funny.

Here are some things I've read recently and if you haven't read Ender's Game, as a I said before, read it before the movie comes out.
  1. Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter which is about making those who work for you and around you better. As a leader it is important to not do the work yourself and multiply your effectiveness and your teams. You want to use the big lever of a great team to do great things. Help those around you succeed and be better.  Good book.
  2. Eat Move Sleep: How Small Choices Lead to Big Changes which is about exercise, sleep, health and making small incremental choices every day to improve your health. Books seemed a bit redundant, but it is a fast read and has good ideas.
  3. In Pursuit of the Traveling Salesman: Mathematics at the Limits of Computation which is about the famous traveling salesmen problem. I know, I'm weird.
I've got about 25 books in the queue. Someone please take away my Amazon password...

I got a Nexus 7 which has the Kindle app on it and I love the size. I've had a first generation iPad and this smaller, higher resolution table is wonderful for reading on planes and light email work.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the ideas! Eat Move Sleep reminds me of the sermon on Sunday - establishing new patterns to replace sinful behaviors.

    ReplyDelete