Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hundreds of Babies

Our church family had an event last Sunday night where all the families with new borns in this past year were honored and recognized  I was shocked that there seemed like 300-400 babies (not really, maybe 60) but it seemed like a lot of new borns and young families. It was a great night to honor these families as they are beginning or continuing the journey of raising a family.



I think it made me feel old.  I don't have any young ones at home any more as both mine are driving and one is married. That stage has passed for us.

I also read a blog posted about someone turning 42 pointing out that Deep Thought Was Right About 42 where she pointed out that "she is not the wonder kid anymore." I'm past her too.

Well, I'm glad to be here. I've been blessed and I have many friends around, family in town, health. And I've finally learned that one is never to use two spaces after a period.

By the way, read this short story.  Just do it.

5 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful thing to acknowledge the babies and I hope it makes a big impression on them as parents as to how serious their "job" is and what a blessing it is!

    Thanks for sharing those links! I don't think I can break my two spaces habit even if it is considered wrong!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I can't break that habit either. I have to keep going back and taking them out in some places where it causes problems in spacing like this blog!

      Delete
  2. That is about the saddest story I have ever read. I wonder if this is a window into how some people with autism feel but can't express?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too Lori. After I read it I kept thinking about it and went back and looked at it again. I don't think it is a true story, just a story she wrote. However, it is very powerful. I started following her blog.

      Delete
  3. Well, this is what I get for falling behind on my blog reading. I'm not supposed to use two spaces? I'm humiliated. I had no idea. Who needs graduate school when I could just be reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete