Thursday, May 3, 2012

Amazon Learning

My wife and I shared an Amazon account with two Kindles for years. The account was in my email address so I would receive an email from Amazon regularly with recommendations for additional books to read based on what I was reading. Since there were two of us with different interests reading as one, the recommendations were a mess. I prefer non-fiction and science fiction while my wife reads a wider range of genres. Amazon's computer must have thought we were weird and confused.

A few months ago, we split the account and now she has her own and I have my own. She is getting recommendations that are homing in on her interests, but mine are still a mess. I'm wondering how long it will take to Amazon to zoom in on my interests.

2 comments:

  1. We have the same problem, both with the Kindle and the Audible Service. When you split the accounts I assume you lose the content from original account right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the new account doesn't have access to the books purchased on the prior, joint account. But the original account still has them.

    ReplyDelete