Saturday, October 15, 2011

Written Notes

Why is it that handwritten notes taken in meetings or classrooms seem to feel better than notes typed on a keyboard?

Is it the ability to circle or underline things easily? Perhaps drawing arrows from one point to another? Quickly drawn pictures?

Or is it that we've done handwritten notes for all these years and we are just more comfortable with handwritten vs. typed?

I love taking notes in my moleskin. I load up Evernote with things. But I still prefer handwritten notes.

What do you prefer? Why?

3 comments:

  1. I, too, love writing and I think it's purely based on how the pen glides across the paper. A good pen on a good piece of paper just makes a person feel good. On the other hand, a bad pen or crummy paper and I'd rather use the keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. It's just more personal. But I would be curious to see what the younger generation feels about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm. Wait a minute. I'm the younger generation. Aren't I. What did you mean by that? Hey.

    ReplyDelete