Monday, October 24, 2011

Changing the World


Tomb of an angelical bishop who was buried in Westminster Abbey in 1100 A.D:
When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world.
As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country. But it too seemed immovable.
As I grew into my twilight years, on one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.
And now as I lay on my deathbed, I suddenly realize – if I had only changed myself first, then by example I might have changed my family. From their inspiration and encouragement I would then have been able to better my country and who knows, I may have changed the world.
I can't seem to find a definitive source for this to attribute to, but I can find it on several places across the internet. I just liked it and thought I'd share it.

Hope you are well and having a blessed day.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment