Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Its about the Grace

My new friend Dan Bouchelle referred me to a blog called Church and Culture and on that blog I found a piece called Mastering in Ungrace which I wanted to highlight.   The post is about grace and forgiveness in the Michael Vick case as well as in all our cases.

There is a quote I want to share from the post:
Every human being is marked by weakness; when you lock eyes with someone, you can safely assume that they carry deep wounds, have endured backgrounds of enormous family dysfunction, that they live – day-in and day-out – with areas of temptation and struggle, where they are fragile and often broken.
If you've followed along in this blog I've written many times about kindness and the impact we can have on those around us.  We all need forgiveness and we all need second (and third and 75th) chances.

It is easy to says these words, but it is hard to live them daily.   I need to remind myself to be kind to all around me, to be thankful for everyone's hard work (at work) and be thankful for the many blessings of the day.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the way you continue to remind yourself, me and others of this! I have quoted your blog banner to my Bible study before, which essentially is what you are saying in this post, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." So true!

    ReplyDelete