Monday, April 18, 2011

Rambling

It has been a very busy couple of weeks.

At work we have a lot of interesting things going on and my thinking on all things IT is really evolving. I'm wanting more simplicity and less complexity in IT.  I've also participated in two board meetings for two separate non-profits and I've enjoyed the chance to interact with smart, sharp, interesting people in those settings.  I think I'm a smart guy and then I interact with some of these folks and wonder.

There many good things going around us every day and we sometimes get lost in the bad news to miss the good news.

I heard the OU women's basketball coach speak and once again she demonstrated that she is an amazing speaker.  Some people are just gifted at communications. I'm sure they work at it, but some are just naturally gifted.

Last night I attended the Thunder game which ended very late and this morning I had early meetings at work.  At the gym this afternoon I hit the wall and faded away and had to come home and take a nap.  I was pitiful at the gym.  It was sad.

In the past few days, I've met someone who is thinking about spiritual matters at a depth that I'm not even close to and it is scary and amazing at the same time.   They recommended some books to read and I've ordered several of them. I've also realized that one of the bloggers I follow (I follow 237 now) is an amazing story teller. I envy the skill they have at telling a story about their life and things going on around them in a simple fashion.

In the last month, I can't tell you how many books I've read. It is nearly a zillion. I read a lot and I do it in waves and now the wave is moving fast. There are many good things to read.

I've recently been criticized by some people who do not know what they are talking about, yet there might be some truth in their comments. It kindof hurt.

I've also had the chance to help some friends which cancels out some of the ugliness. At church we had a great weekend on unity between different ethnic groups and it was an amazing experience.

Life is fast, wonderful, busy, sad and stressful all at the same time.  You never know where the person sitting next to you is today.  Give them a hug.

2 comments:

  1. Mark it does sound like you guys had a great weekend at church.
    On my "off-the-church-walls" blog, I'm not sure how to set up the feeds like you have, but I will do some looking into it. Thanks brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your ramblings and look to you for good reads!

    ReplyDelete