Monday, April 25, 2011

iPhone Tracking

You've probably seen the post about the iPhone location tracking that broke in the past few days.  They provide a program that will read the data from your computer and plot it on a map.  Sorry, I couldn't resist even though I should not have downloaded such a program and run it on my computer.

Here is the big picture.


which shows that I've done some US traveling, some traveling around the Med and then some traveling in SE Asia.  Here is some more detail of the US sites visited.   I can see that I've flown through Chicago, Atlanta and Denver and I've made lots of trips to Northern California (work).  I've been to Orlando for some reason involving the big mouse and then visited relatives in St. Louis.   And a few other places.


We took at cruise in the Med last summer and made several stops of which most are shown.  Interestingly Tunis, Tunisia is not listed but we were there.   Maybe I didn't turn on the phone?


Now I live in Oklahoma and here is the map of where I've been around here.  Lots of dots around Dallas and on the road between here and St. Louis.


All of this is generally correct, but I can see some outliers that I can't recall being near.  For example, is shows I visited the Bahamas since I got this phone.  I don't recall that trip but I hope I had fun. I'm going to look around to see if I picked up any souvenirs.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud when I read the part about the Bahamas! Very funny. Today a friend from TX called me from her Iphone and it was an ordeal to converse. She said those phones are better with apps than having conversations. Not sure what is up with that, but it doesn't make me want to get one!

    ReplyDelete