Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Positive Thinking

I was thinking some about positive thinking and about its effect on the workplace. I've seen teams take on hard projects in a positive fashion and then plowed through successfully. One can't just think positive to solve all problems, but when tackling difficult tasks in life, thinking positive can have a 'positive' effect.

Consider the following quote:
Successful Thinking is a Mindset possessed by some of the greatest athletes, politicians and business people in history and modern day times. Some examples of successful thinking and positive mindset that come to mind are Donald Trump, who has been bankrupt three times, and Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft.

Successful people act as though they have accomplished or are enjoying something. Soon it becomes a reality. Successful people often find themselves in situations where risk and uncertainty is hanging over them and if they were to take on a negative mindset then failure would rear its ugly head. Instead high achievers embrace risk and uncertainty in difficult situations and keep a positive outlook. Nine times out of 10 usually end up with the results that they had in mind all along.

Positive attitude is extremely important, as it encourages individuals to approach each day, and each problem, with a bright outlook. In a team environment, a positive attitude encourages a team to work together with individual styles and personalities. Positive attitude is not only about choosing to have a good outlook through good times and bad, but also about learning to love what you do. I have observed that outstanding business people are successful because they deeply love their work.

This can be found in this article on positive thinking which is reference in this article on Enterprise 2.0 which is one of my favorite topics at work these days. I love to talk about how we collaborate better together to accomplish more things easier with less friction.

2 comments:

  1. Mark,

    I agree that positive thinking is critical to a successful implementation of any e2.0 solution. I think one of the main reasons why people hold back on sharing, collaborating and co-creating is that they are afraid that their content maybe re-used (harvested) without proper attribution, or that they may not get full credit for their contributions.

    Few days ago I asked Eric Reiss if I could harvest some slides from his presentation, and I received a most interesting response:

    "Harvest away, my friend! Let's make the world a better place :)"

    I think this is the attitude we need to take towards sharing, collaboration, and co-creation. When we share ideas freely, we empower others and ourselves.

    Saqib

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Positive thinking is a strong force. I'm living the positive lifestyle for 2 yrs now and though there are bumps along the road, still, I'm not that affected.

    Positive thinking healed me emotionally, physically and spiritually.

    Happiness everyday!

    ReplyDelete