Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thanks to the California Pizza Kitchen Manager in Singapore

I went to California Pizza Kitchen last night for dinner. Had a great Pepperoni pizza. Quiet setting. Very nice.

The check came and I realized I had left my wallet back in the hotel room. Not a dollar in my pocket. Now I'm in Singapore basically by myself this weekend. Friends are around town, but I'm not sure who might be reachable. I don't think this has ever happened to me before. I did lose my car keys once in an amusement part in MO, but that is another story.

So asked to speak to the manager. He came over and I told him I had left my wallet at the hotel. I had my passport and a mobile phone and nothing else. I asked him if I could leave my passport with him while I go get my wallet to pay. He looked at me and said don't worry about it. Finish your dinner ( wasn't quite done), relax and then get it afterwards. I couldn't believe it. And I was relieved. He said it happens more often than I would probably think.

I was there a few minutes then I just go up and left and hurried back to the hotel. I didn't have to leave my passport or anything. Got my wallet and immediately returned and asked for the manager again. He had the bill which I paid. No hassles.

Talk about a possible bad situation being in a foreign country and not having your wallet to pay for dinner. However, he was great about it.

So thanks to the manager at California Pizza in Singapore on Orchard Road for trusting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment