Sunday, June 28, 2009

Celebrity Overdone

Seems like we are over doing it on the death of Michael Jackson. I liked the guys music (two decades ago?) but really, do we need to have breaking news stories, have helicopters flying over the hospital and his home, track down his doctors, review his finances, see all his pictures, see his videos, track his surgeries, discuss all his siblings and generally act like the most important person on the planet has died? In fact, we overdo on Brad, Angelina, Kobe, Lebron, and most everyone in the media spotlight.

At church, we honor the couples who have been blessed with 50 years of marriage. Wow.

I think I'd rather honor people who have set a good example, who have worked for their community and who have given of themselves for others. Ultimately, they are the ones we need to honor.

See this and this.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I agree. We pay too much attention to the things they do that are unimportant. If I were a celebrity, I would want to be on the news for doing good things.

    His death is really being blown out of proportion!

    ReplyDelete