Sunday, November 30, 2008

Slow Dance

I just finished the book 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss.  I might comment on the book with another posting, but I wanted instead to comment on a poem near the end of the book.  The author attributes the poem in the book to a dying girl and I liked it a lot and wanted to repeat it here.   However, I wanted to validate the source and if possible, link to it on-line instead of typing it in here.   After about 2 minutes of looking, I find out that the sick girl part of the story is a hoax and the poem is attributed to a person who has written numerous poems.  Good job on validating sources...   

The poem is called Slow Dance.    The music is not my fault.  Turn your sound off.

It is weird day here.   It is sunny with some clouds around and it is in the 40s outside.   It is off and on sleeting and then even snowing while the sun is shining.    The part about slowing down and not running through the day resonates with me.   My daughter is at a concert.  My son is working.   My wife and I are reading and not doing a whole lot this afternoon, but the chores are still running through my head.  Time is short.   'Ever lost touch, let a good friendship die cause you never had time to call and say, "Hi?"'


1 comment:

  1. I loved the poem. It will help me have a different day tomorrow. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete